Monday, February 16, 2009

~I RECORDED A SONG~

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity
to record a song written by Sally DeFord. The song is entitled "A Believer's Prayer." This is a beautiful song written for the 2009 Youth Theme:
"...be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity" ( 1 Timothy 4:12).

I am so grateful for the opportunity, I had, to record one of Sally's pieces. She is extremely talented and what an honor it is to work with her. Thank you so much for the experience Sally. You are amazing!!

For those of you who wish to view this song, visit www.defordmusic.com. (Or scroll down to My Favorite Sites and click on Deford Music)When you open the website, click on "What's New."
The paragraph beginning with February 4 will have the link to "A Believer's Prayer." Click on the song link and it will take you directly to the lyrics, the MP3 Recording and sheet music. I hope you enjoy. Please let me know what you think?

I hope you take the opportunity to browse through Sally's website. Her music is very inspiring and has so much love and expression. She has a strong testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I appreciate her music as she expresses her love for the Savior and for others.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

JESSICA! That was beautiful! You are amazing! You should make a c.d.! Great job, I loved it!

Carol said...

I LOVED YOUR SONG!!! Thanks so much for sharing. It's absolutely beautiful---as are you.

The Waggoners said...

SO COOL! I've been a big fan of Sally DeFord's music for a couple years now. You're a total celebrity. :)

Todd and Haylee said...

That was beautiful! You are so talented Jessica!

Anonymous said...

Love you Jessica!

The Nielsen Family said...

What an amazing opportunity! It sounds great!

chloe's clan said...

Wow Jess! I am so happy you got a chance to do that. I have used this site to download music for church stuff. It's so nice to use. :) I still want that Mission CD you made so long ago. :) Maybe you can still make me a copy????

Anonymous said...

wow, jessica i love your voice so much! I downloaded the song and put it on my ipod! I lost your email address, but kylie, libby and I still want to email you. could you send us it? Our email is texasgals@msn.com. thanks, we miss you and love all your pictures of mia! I hope you're doing well. love jordyn